COVID-19 Update on Local Services
April 9, 2020
- All municipal facilities and municipal offices are closed; availability of drop box for payments at Crystal City Municipal Office, office is manned during office hours and would welcome phone calls 204-873-2591
- All schools are closed in Prairie Spirit School Division, students will be learning at home at this time.
- All public playgrounds are closed
- CDO Pamela Cavers is available for business and personal assistance in navigating Government programs for COVID-19 204-825-3879
- Louise Waste is open and regular waste and recycle pick up is in affect. 204-245-0093
- Grocery stores are open but have made changes to your shopping experience, contact your local store to find out details
- Pharmacy is open but ask that you call ahead so the your prescription can be prepared ahead of time
- Rock Lake Hospital is open but asks you to call ahead so the nurses can prepare for your arrival 204-873-2132
- Rock Lake Clinic is open. Most appointments will be held over the phone.
- Rock Lake Personal Care and Prairie view lodge are closed to the public, please call them to inquire about your loved one.
- Local Churches are closed but some are now recording their sermons online, check with your local church to see if they are offering this service.
Remember to follow the Manitoba Guidelines During COVID-19; wash your hands often, stay home if you can, keep at least 2 meters away from anyone when you do have to go out. Together we can slow this virus down and flatten the curve.
April 16, 2020
- Disposable masks and gloves go in regular household garbage, these items are not recyclable
- Local Churches are now online , check them out here;
Cornerstone Ministries - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKUX9YHr9U7WU4n0Isv2Gaw
Crystal City Mennonite Church - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aJK-Zi3Ups
- Crystal City Daycare remains open for essential workers and their families
April 17, 2020
- Municipality of Louise Fire Department update - Louise Fire Department Media Release
April 20, 2020
- The Province has extended the State of emergency for another 30 days https://news.gov.mb.ca/news/index.html?item=47578
April 23, 2020
- Manitoba Government announces 120 million in support for small and medium sized businesses http://www.manitoba.ca/covid19/business/index.html#supports
- To be eligible for the MGPP funding, a business must:
• have been operational on March 20, 2020, the date the Manitoba government declared a provincewide state of emergency under The Emergency Measures Act because of COVID-19;
• have temporarily ceased or curtailed operations as a result of a COVID-19 public health order and have been harmed by the health order;
• be registered and in good standing with the Manitoba Business and Corporate Registry;
• have not qualified for federal government COVID-19 grant support; and
• have an email address and a bank account.
April 24, 2020
- Pilot Mound Golf Course is following Manitoba's State of emergency and will remain closed until because it is listed as a non-essential business. The grounds will continue to be maintained so please keep off them. Memberships are still encouraged as this will help the club with expenses.
- Manitoba Government Student employment recovery plan. Businesses are encouraged to apply for up to a $7 an hour subsidy and can employ 5 students. Apply today .https://news.gov.mb.ca/news/index.html?item=47620&posted=2020-04-24
April 27, 2020
- Pembina CO-OP Pilot Mound Home Centre is back open to the public, social distancing is still in effect.
- Crystal City Arena is postponing its garage sale until 2021
May 6, 2020
- Pilot Mound Golf Course will be reopening to members only on May 6 until May 15. Strict COVID-19 expectations in place. Clubhouse will be opening on May 15 to take out yand patio only.
- Capelli's Salon and Christine's Cut's and Curls are reopening with provincial COVID-19 protocols in place.
May 12, 2020
- The Hair Shop and HMU by Karla are open following COVID-19 Protocols
- There is a second intake date for Green Team funding apply today. https://news.gov.mb.ca/news/?archive=&item=48098
May 14, 2020
- All public playgrounds are now open, please keep your family safe and take the necessary precautions.
May 28, 2020
- Province announces Phase 2 of reopening the Province click here for details https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/restoring/index.html
June 3, 2020
- All restaurants are open at 1/2 capacity. Please inquire at each locations and obey the rules that each location has posted.
- Phase 2 restoring the communities has begun
- Pool and campgrounds have been approved to open, stay tuned for date of pool opening.
- Pilot Mound Pool is open and practicing social distancing and managing at half capacity
- Province announces Phase 3 of reopening the Province, click here for details Restoring Safe Services Phase 3
- Municipal offices are now open to the public
- Confirmed case of COVID-19 in the Lorne/ Louise/ Pembina area. Stay up to date by following this link. There is a dashboard that will let you search your local area for COVID-19 numbers. August, 2020 https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/cases.html
- Important information regarding public facilities
2020 Prevention Order
October 30, 2020
- maximum of 5 people in gatherings, restaurant capacity at 50%, school 9-12 offered blended learning and sporting facilities to 25% capacity. Masks are
- mandatory in all public spaces.
November 6, 2020
November 10, 2020
December 10, 2020